Secretary / Manager
Lindrick Golf Club (LGC), located near Worksop in South Yorkshire & host of the 1957 Ryder Cup, is one of England’s finest inland courses and has a reputation for excellence on and off the course. LGC a private members’ club that continues to invest in maintaining and improving the quality of both the mature heathland course and the Clubhouse to maintain them to the high standards demanded by today's golfers.
A rare opportunity has arisen for the position of Secretary / Manager.
The Secretary / Manager is a leading figure within the club and is expected to manage the day to day affairs of the club (except for the golf course), reporting to the General Committee through the Chairman. They should support sub-committee chairmen in their specific areas of responsibility where requested to do so.
• Be accountable for the effective operational management of the club.
• Ensure club always delivers the highest standards of service to meet the ever-changing demands of our members and visitors (within approved budgetary guidelines).
• Recruitment, performance management and motivation of clubhouse employees.
• Ensure the club administration is efficient and effective, and is compliant with all legal requirements.
• Deliver and execute the business plan as instructed by the General Committee.
Personal & Professional Experience
• Ability to be a clear communicator at all levels.
• Be able to work without supervision, a self-starter, able to challenge but also to hold the Club line.
• A good leader, inspirational and motivator of employees.
• Be clear and concise in communication with others.
• Ability and experience in managing budgets and the finances of a similar organisation.
• Service driven with a strong commercial capability.
• Be able to build trust and engagement across the Membership, Suppliers, Societies, Corporates and other Associations.
• Proven experience in a similar role, ideally with a Club like Lindrick.
• Clear experience of people and budget management in a senior position.
• Computer literate and up to date with technologies employed in running today's Golf Club.
• Work as necessary to discharge the responsibilities of the role which may involve working outside office hours.
• Receive and deal with complaints and as necessary refer them to the General Committee.
• Ensure that all necessary licences to sell intoxicating liquor are maintained and apply for any extensions as required and work closely with the Bar/Clubhouse Manager.
• Ensure compliance with all statutory legislation.
• Travel may be required throughout the UK to attend meetings on behalf of the Club.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter by email to [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday 19th February 2021